Chief Technology Officer
What We Are Looking For?
Does working with world-class engineering teams excite you? Do you believe that software can change lives? Do you like solving hard problems? Are you a teacher or coach at heart, who loves to mentor engineers and help them unlock their full potential? If so, you might be JoomShaper’s next Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
JoomShaper’s CTO will provide a clear technical vision and leadership for all aspects of our business. Partnering closely with leaders across all JoomShaper’s business units, the CTO will ensure alignment, mitigate risk, and drive high performing software engineering teams to success. What we build changes lives, join us in that mission.
What Roles Will You Be Playing?
- Define and implement development standards according to up-to-date coding methodologies and best practices
- Build an agile development culture
- Set up a development team workflow
- Conduct code reviews
- Perform design reviews
- Break down development tasks
- Supervise hiring of developers
- Mentor newly hired developers
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Determine KPIs of developers
- Monitor developers’ progress
- Manage technical risk
- Oversee system infrastructure across JoomShaper to ensure functionality and efficiency and mitigate risk
- Improve quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor technical KPIs and budgets
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology and process
Which Skills Should You Have?
- You are passionate about leading teams to create great, user-friendly, technology
- Working on a platform with Marketplace dynamics excites you and you have relevant experience to draw from
- You study technological trends to help you build a strategy
- You understand how to manage a budget and have a history of doing so effectively
- You are a strategic thinker with a problem-solving aptitude
- You enjoy reading, analysis and acting on data insights
- You play well with others and have a history of forming strong relationships with co-workers
- You can take on multiple complex initiatives at one time
- You love to lead people to greatness and typically thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- You don’t make excuses and find a way to get things done
- You can understand what’s important and focus most of the time and energy in those areas
What Experience Should You Have?
- Successfully led an organization with 1+ management layers and 30+ technical professionals
- Produced meaningful strategic guidance at the executive level
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving aptitude
We care more about the person and his/her skills, not degrees or academic qualifications. Although, if you have any achievement that makes you proud, we are all ears.
Gross BDT 2,00,000 to 3,00,000 per month (negotiable in terms of expertise and experience).
Other Benefits We Offer
- Two Festival Bonuses
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual Salary Increments
- Loyalty Bonus
- Leave Encashment
- Free Lunch & Snacks
- Unlimited Tea, Coffee & Cold Drinks
- Relax and Sports Zone
- Excellent Culture and Working Environment
- Annual Pleasure Tour
- Other Benefits as Per Company Policy
Dhaka (Due to the current situation we will work from home now, but when the situation gets better we will again start working from our Dhaka office).
JoomShaper is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you think it might be for you and you have the required experience, please click Apply for this position on this page.