Principal Product Designer
Who We Are?
JoomShaper is a web application development company building Joomla and WordPress based products. We develop tools like SP Page Builder, Tutor LMS and Qubely, and more that help starts & grow businesses at scale. Also, we design & develop website templates that are used by millions of customers worldwide. Our success comes from building a great service that solves problems for our users, and our growth comes from expanding and improving our products as quickly as we can. We believe that great products can only be built by great people. Thus, we are on a quest to find the smartest, creative, and motivated people, and we are developing an environment in which they can thrive.
What We Believe?
Believe in Quality — We exert our all-out effort to bring quality to products and the way we develop them. Your dire desire to add more to them is welcomed with warm hearts.
Friendly Mindset — All of our endeavors are aimed at helping others. We strive to serve what the users need and what is best for them.
Respect & Empathy — JoomShaper practices an amazing culture and working environment based on respect, empathy, and care.
Learn & Grow — Proactive, self-directed mentality with a hunger to learn. Willing to take on responsibilities, sometimes outside of one’s own “lane”.
A World of Fun — People at JoomShaper are photographers, musicians, guitarists, travelers, bloggers, and more at their heart. Hop on if you share the same interests.
What We Are Looking For?
We are looking for a Principal Product Designer. As a Principal Product Designer, you will lead and manage a growing team of designers to fulfill JoomShaper’s mission of designing and delivering best in class products. You will be responsible for market research, reacting to market research, and help to iterate the product accordingly. A commitment to collaborative problem solving and quality service is important.
What Roles Will You Be Playing?
- Mentor and lead an excellent team of designers and researchers
- Oversee and modify the design process where necessary
- Defining, prioritizing, and executing a clear UI/UX vision roadmap
- From concept to delivery, execute every stage of the design lifecycle
- Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks, and determine solutions
- Demonstrate and manage the highest design standards by providing clear design direction to team members and stakeholders
- Tracks Design Team progress, manages resource allocation and escalates issues and risks
- Provide hands-on Product Design; establish design direction/concepts and delegations
- Analyzing market research to create more effective designs
- Focus or improve the Product quality & Production line up
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Provide strategic thinking on how we get to an end state
- Mapping design decisions to key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Exercise strong communication and nurture a culture of contributing, feedback, and design excellence
Which Skills Should You Have?
- 5+ years of relevant design experience in the similar field
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience with direct people management
- Ability to innovate design systems
- Leadership, mentorship, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage the total customer experience
- Ability to maintain a keen attention to detail, multitask and work well under pressure
- Natural tendency to be curious, positive, and creative
- Able to integrate UX into Agile development practices
- Team player who collaborates well with others
- Alignment with the company mission, vision, and strategic goals
An advanced degree in Design such as Master or Bachelor of Arts in Graphics Design or Design degrees are preferable. Although, if you have any achievement that makes you proud, we are all ears.
Gross BDT 1,20,000 to 1,60,000 Per Month
Other Benefits We Offer
- Two Festival Bonuses
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual Salary Increments
- Loyalty Bonus
- Leave Encashment
- Free Lunch & Snacks
- Excellent Culture and Working Environment
- Annual Pleasure Tour
- Other Benefits as Per Company Policy
Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh
JoomShaper is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you think it might be for you and you have the required experience, please click Apply for this position on this page.