Technical Support Engineer
Who We Are?
JoomShaper is a software company providing world-class software solutions backed by state of the art-of-technology. Our success comes from designing, building, and maintaining software solutions for our users, and our growth comes from expanding and improving our products as quickly as we can. We believe that great products can only be built by great people. Thus, we are on a quest to find the smartest, most creative, and motivated people, and we are developing an environment in which they can thrive.
What do We Believe?
Believe in Quality — We exert our all-out effort to bring quality to products and the way we develop them. Your dire desire to add more to them is welcomed with warm hearts.
Friendly Mindset — All of our endeavors are aimed at helping others. We strive to serve what the users need and what is best for them.
Respect & Empathy — JoomShaper practices an amazing culture and working environment based on respect, empathy, and care.
Learn & Grow — Proactive, self-directed mentality with a hunger to learn. Willing to take on responsibilities, sometimes outside of one’s own “lane”.
A World of Fun — People at JoomShaper are photographers, musicians, guitarists, travelers, bloggers, and more at their hearts. Hop on if you share the same interests.
What We Are Looking For?
We are seeking smart, energetic, dedicated, self-motivated members for our team who can contribute more to our Technical Support Team (Joomla or WordPress). The person will not be any non-technical person and must be skilled in Core PHP, and at least one CMS like Joomla (highly preferred), or WordPress. People with development skills in Laravel or CodeIgniter framework would get higher preference.
- Provide customers with Technical Support via Ticketing System, Email, Live Chat, or Remote Desktop as needed.
- Ensure quick response, faster delivery of the technical solutions, and follow-up with customers to ensure whether the issues are fully solved or not.
- Assist customers in debugging problems of their Website if our Extensions or Templates don’t work for any reason.
- Solve technical problems by doing code customization (hotfix) so that our Extensions or Templates work properly for the customers.
- Advise customers with technical solutions (suggestion of Extensions or Templates) regarding feature requirements or feature issues.
- Do User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on extensions, templates, and also customer websites to find Functionality, Usability, etc. issues on demand.
- Identify technical issues and address them to the development team with priority levels that are not solvable by the Technical Support Team.
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems if access to customers’ websites is not available.
- Deliver information about our extensions, and templates as the customer ask so that they can know well about our solutions from our support teams.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and documentation as needed.
- Graduation in any engineering discipline is preferred. However, we are looking for skills, not degrees.
- Must have experience in developing websites using either Joomla (preferred) or WordPress.
- Hands-on designing experience in HTML, CSS, Bootstrap.
- Bonus point on DevOps knowledge.
- Experience with JIRA is a plus.
- Experience with Git, SVN, and RESTful API is a plus.
- Experience in User Acceptance Testing, Operational Acceptance Testing, etc. is a plus.
Additional Job Requirement
Energetic, confident, and proactive.
Professional Experience Requirement
- At least 1 year of working experience is required in any relevant field.
- At least 6-12 months of proven programming experience in Core PHP, or Laravel.
Gross BDT 35,000 – 45,000 Per Month
- Two Festival Bonuses
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual Salary Increments
- Loyalty Bonus
- Leave Encashment
- Free Lunch & Snacks
- Excellent Culture and Working Environment
- Annual Pleasure Tour
Dhanmondi, Dhaka, Bangladesh
JoomShaper is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you think it might be for you and you have the required experience, please click Apply for this position on this page.